Saturday 12 April 2014

Ozotic 617

Hello ladies! I have a fabulous polish to share with you today...the enigmatically titled '617' by the Ozotic. 

Ozotic 617  - artificial light
Ozotic 617  - artificial light
617 is a sky blue scattered holo polish that is jam packed with sparkle.  This reminds me of sparkling tropical oceans and bright sunny sky. It's stunningly gorgeous, and one of those eye catching polishes that you just can't stop staring at.  Too often I find polishes give you that 'wow' factor only when you first put them on, after that you stop noticing them....well not with this one!  I'm wearing my customary two coats here, with NE base and SV top.  This polish was pretty glossy all on its own, so the SV was just to extend weartime.  Formula was smooth like melted chocolate and the brush is excellent.  It's nicely opaque in one coat, but I use two more out of habit than anything.  No complaints on the quality front.

Ozotic 617 - artificial light
Ozotic 617 - artificial light
Sadly Ozotic seem to have disappeared as a brand.  Certainly the word on the blogosphere is that the 500 and 600 series are not completely gone due to lack of raw ingredients.  Australian brand Picture Polish were 'representing' the Ozotic brand, and announced recently that they will no longer be doing so to concentrate their efforts on the Picture Polish brand.  On their FB page PP say that PP and Ozotic are owned by the same company, and Ozotic is no longer listed on their website.  This news makes me a very sad nail junkie.  Ozotic made, hands down, some of the most mindboggling polishes I've ever seen.  I only own 4, because I thought they were too spendy.  Now I'm kicking myself for not stocking up while I could.  Sigh.

There are still some places out there selling off the last of their Ozotic stock, and there's always EBay.  Also, Picture Polish have announced that they will be re-releasing some of the 600 series under the PP brand, with new names.  See this post at More Nail Polish for details.

Ozotic 617 - artificial light
Ozotic 617
I apologise if I've just given you a lemming for a HTF polish.  It's not intentional, it's just a sign of how much of a time delay there is in me taking pictures and actually writing blog posts....Halloween releases get blogged in January and apparently now brands go out of business before I get round to telling you about them....oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment